using the TPM (trusted platform module) in windows xp RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working on a project in which I need to interface with the TPM on my motherboard (which I don't actualy have yet Smile I'll put an order tomorow).

From my research so far to use the TPM in windows vista I can use some new features of vista's (trusted base services - TBS) and the tbs.h and tbs.dll provided by windows vista sdk.
    What about windows XP? There is no TBS on it? Do I need to get a different TSS implementation? The header files are on the TGC site but what about the dlls? Are they provided with the TPM itself by the manufacturer? Does anyone know?
    Monday, March 24, 2008 8:40 AM

Answers

• Dear pitagora,

Thanks for participating on the MSDN Forum, but this forum section is reserved for Visual C++ General Questions. For TPM base services question you can post your question on the win32.programmer.kernel newsgroup, there you find TPM experts and your question should be answered in no time.

The people there will have enough experience with TPM base services to give you the best advice or answer!

Thanks!

Thursday, March 27, 2008 5:27 AM

All replies

• Dear pitagora,

Thanks for participating on the MSDN Forum, but this forum section is reserved for Visual C++ General Questions. For TPM base services question you can post your question on the win32.programmer.kernel newsgroup, there you find TPM experts and your question should be answered in no time.

The people there will have enough experience with TPM base services to give you the best advice or answer!

Thanks!

Thursday, March 27, 2008 5:27 AM
  • Microsoft does not provide a TPM driver for Windows XP.  The TBS interface is provided by Microsoft on Windows Vista and later operating systems and it is dependent on the Microsoft TPM driver.  Solutions for using the TPM on Windows XP are dependent on a TPM driver provided by the platform manufacturer.  Microsoft recommends using the TPM on Vista and later operating systems. 
    Monday, June 14, 2010 3:14 PM