none
retarget to windows 8.1 error in visual studio express 2013

Question

• recently i upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 pro, i have visual studio express 2013 installed on it, everything is going fine (i ran several sample 8.1 apps) but after installing visual studio 2015 express for windows with update 1 things started to appear strange, no matter how many times i re-target but still every time i open a windows 8.1 app sample in visual studio express 2013 i am getting annoyed by this   , i am planning to completely uninstall vs express 2015 for windows, please provide a viable solution.
    • Moved by Krunal Parekh Thursday, February 04, 2016 5:12 AM moved to correct forum.
    Wednesday, February 03, 2016 12:28 PM

Answers

• Hi kranthi88,

Thanks for your post

>>I have visual studio express 2013 installed on it, everything is going fine (i ran several sample 8.1
    apps) but after installing visual studio 2015 express for windows with update
    things started to appear strange

Since it works well in VS2013. And in VS2015 express for windows. The strange phenomenon occurs.

So first I suggest you could try running Visual Studio in Safe mode to Check whether some add-ins and extensions
    affect the building progress (devenv /safemode)

If still no help. I suppose there is something wrong with your VS2015 express.

In this case. I suggest you could
    repair it(Control panel->Uninstall a program, select the VS2015 and right
    click, Change, Modify, Repair it

On the other hand, I suggest you could use VS2015 Community update1.

It's free version of visual studio. And the function is better than VS2015 express for
    windows

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Saturday, February 06, 2016 6:16 AM

All replies

• Hello kranthi88,

Since this issue is related to Visual Studio I will help you move this thread to correct visual studio general forum.

With Regards,

Krunal Parekh

Thanks MSDN Community Support Please remember to Mark as Answer the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, February 04, 2016 5:08 AM
  • Hi kranthi88,

Thanks for your post

>>I have visual studio express 2013 installed on it, everything is going fine (i ran several sample 8.1
    apps) but after installing visual studio 2015 express for windows with update
    things started to appear strange

Since it works well in VS2013. And in VS2015 express for windows. The strange phenomenon occurs.

So first I suggest you could try running Visual Studio in Safe mode to Check whether some add-ins and extensions
    affect the building progress (devenv /safemode)

If still no help. I suppose there is something wrong with your VS2015 express.

In this case. I suggest you could
    repair it(Control panel->Uninstall a program, select the VS2015 and right
    click, Change, Modify, Repair it

On the other hand, I suggest you could use VS2015 Community update1.

It's free version of visual studio. And the function is better than VS2015 express for
    windows

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Saturday, February 06, 2016 6:16 AM