none
How to navigate and explore between aspx and HTML tags and controls and also jumping among them like Call hierarchy in Visual Studio?

Question

• How to navigate and explore between aspx and HTML tags and controls and also jumping among them like Call hierarchy in Visual Studio or VScode ? There are some good tools in visual studio and some third party extension (like CodeMaid) to do that for C# ,C++ and etc. for methods and class viewing but I can not to find anything for aspx and html codes.

Best regards

Saman
    Wednesday, September 14, 2016 7:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Saman,

According to your description, you want to navigate the aspx/html tags and controls in Visual Studio Editor, is it right?

In Visual Studio HTML editor, there has a tag navigation bar under the text editor, which could help us select the tags on page based on the hierarchy.

If this bar is not shown in the bottom in HTML editor, please open the Tools -> Options -> Text Editor -> HTML -> Advanced and set the Enable Tag Navigator as True.

If misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, September 15, 2016 6:17 AM
  • Hello,
    Thank you Weiwei,
    You're right, thank you for your answer. it is good, but not enough suitable for keyboard. and It doesn't give me a good view to all codes and tags . An example for a good view is Class View. and a third party one is CodeMaid but both of them works on C# code not for aspx.
    i need a tools to explore aspx codes and tags.

Best wishes,

Saman

Thursday, September 15, 2016 12:20 PM
  • Hi Saman Chalian,

All the tools from Microsoft, such as Object View, Call hierarchy and so on, are support C# or C++, but not work for aspx and html file. And I also searching for some third part tools, I don't find anyone that support aspx and html.

Before there has such tools release, I suggest you use the default tag navigation bar in Visual Studio to choose the tags on page.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, September 16, 2016 6:05 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to searching. as you said I should better to use the default tag navigation bar. Also this is a good motivation to build a tool for visual studio.

Best regards,

Saman

Saturday, September 24, 2016 10:33 AM
  • Hi Saman,

Thanks for your response.

If you has any good ideas about navigation bar for aspx and html file in Visual Studio, you could submit your idea to Visual Studio User Voice and share your feedback link here. It can let other communities who has the same idea to vote it.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, September 26, 2016 2:41 AM
  • Hi Weiwei,
    Thanks you very much.
    Certainly, I like to submit my idea there but I don't know how to do that.

Best regards,

Saman

Monday, September 26, 2016 7:23 AM
  • Hi Saman Chalian,

Please open the Visual Studio User Voice link in below and then sign in with your Microsoft account. On the top of the right panel, there has a Post a new idea hyperlink. Please click it to submit your idea.

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio-2015

After submit your idea, please share your feedback link here. It can let other communities who has the same requirement to vote it. Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 2:25 AM