PowerPoint addin problems on high security RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have some issues with powerpoint add-ins. I have couple of powerpoint add-ins and it is signed add-in. I am programmatically(through exe with powerpoint object automated) adding these add-ins to powerpoint. When security settings of the powerpoint are high, tried to add the add-ins programmatically, add-ins are going  to inactive add-in list.I can't enable this.  How do I solve this problem?

I have Excel add-in as well. this is also signed add-in. When security settings are high, I programmatically tried to add the add-in. but this will not go to inactive list. But small message bar appears just below the ribbon saying "Security Warning Some active contents has been disabled Options"  Once we click on the Options it will show all the blocked add-ins with an option trust the content. once we trust that add-in, it will appear in excel menu.

But why this message bar is not coming in powerpoint? I have same security settings and other settings for both ppt and excel.

When you try to add the add-in manually with high security settings, ppt will popup a message with  Enable Macros,Disable Macros and Trust from Publishers option. Once I Enbale Macros it will get added.

I am using MS Office 2007. Seurity settings are:
    1) Powerpoint options->Trust Center-> Trust Center Settings->Add-ins-- Check on  first check box
    2)Powerpoint options->Trust Center-> Trust Center Settings->ActiveX Settings--Check the Third radio button and check  Safe mode.
    3)Powerpoint options->Trust Center-> Trust Center Settings->Macro Settings--select third radio button and Check for Trust Access to VBA project model.
    4)Powerpoint options->Trust Center-> Trust Center Settings->Message Bar--Select first radio button.

Friday, May 15, 2009 9:24 AM

Answers

All replies