none
SoapHeaderException - Error parsing SOAP config file RRS feed

• Question

• I am running SQL Server 2005 Workgroup Edition on Small Business Server R2, I have SQLXML 3.0 and .Net 2.0 installed.  I had a web service with four methods running in production for a day.  Then I deleted and recreated the virtual name from the SQLXML IIS configuration tool and created another virtual name for the service within the same virtual directory.  The stored procedures still run fine from SQL but I am now getting a SoapHeaderException when running the web service.  I have one test web service that does not access the SQL database and it is still working, but all the web service methods that access the database return the same SoapHeaderException. I moved the stored procedures and ASP project to a duplicate test server and the web services run fine on the test server.  Details of the exception are posted below:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException: Internal server error: Error parsing SOAP config file.

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at WCP2.Service.StateLimits_ASP() in c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\wcpservicep\2835c928\e4d64a5a\App_WebReferences.ypsuvuvj.0.cs:line 266

at Service.State_Limits_asp(String Name, String Password, String State) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\WcpServiceP\App_Code\Service.vb:line 120

I have since deleted and recreated the virtual name on the duplicate test box without duplicating this problem. I don’t think anything else changed in the environment and I can’t see any difference between what I am running on my test box and the production web services returning the error.   

Any help on how to resolve this issue or at least identify the “SOAP config file” that is generating the parsing error would be greatly appreciated.

Friday, August 24, 2007 5:22 AM