Why do I get an MSDN magazine renewal notice from 1105info.com? RRS feed

• Question

• Why does a renewal notice come from 1105info.com. With all the breaches, scams and spoofing going on I'm hesitant to respond to anything that isn't part of Microsoft.com.

This notice also says something about being in a "select group". This doesn't seem right either. Please either reassure me that this site has something to do with MSDN magazine or alert me and others that this is some kind of scam.

Thanks,

Dana

Friday, May 23, 2014 4:50 PM

Answers

• After a meeting between MSDN Staff and 1105 media, we have an update.  

They've put together a single unsubscribe option for all of their lists.  Here's how to access it:

1) Visit this link: https://www.sub-forms.com/dragon/init.do?site=ONE6909_1105pref&pk=PP and enter your email address at the top

2) Find this section (currently at the bottom of the page, but moving to the top soon) and check both boxes:

This will unsubscribe the email address you enter from all 1105 newsletters.

If you are still seeing a lot of email from 1105 media feel free to contact mmsubmit@microsoft.com, which connects you to folks on our team that work with 1105. 

As this forum isn't intended for 1105 media support, but it is relevant for MSDN Subscribers, I'll be closing this thread.  

Thanks!
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support

Did Microsoft call you out of the blue about your computer? No, they didn't.

Friday, October 17, 2014 9:44 PM

All replies

• Good questions Dana and I appreciate the concern.

The msdn magazine is operated by 1105 Media.   You can see that when you click on this Microsoft-hosted page describing the MSDN Magazine: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ee358702.aspx, the support link takes you to a site hosted on 1105pubs.com.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "select group."  Can you elaborate?

Thanks,
    Mike

Friday, May 23, 2014 5:24 PM
  • The 1105info.com emails come in at a ridiculous frequency. I had 5 of them today by 11 am.  When I unsubscribe I'm told it can take up to 10 days. And 30 minutes later I'm getting another email. I had to block them at my spam filter. It's sad that Microsoft is doing this.

• Edited by Brian_DFW Tuesday, June 10, 2014 4:21 PM
    Tuesday, June 10, 2014 4:21 PM
  • Thanks for your followup Brian.  I'll see what I can find out.  I understand that if you've reached a point where you have to block marketing email, then the marketer's working against their own goal of reaching more people and creating more customers.  

1105 is a different company, so I urge you to contact their support directly if you haven't yet (I realize you said you have, but wanted to make sure in case you weren't aware of this link).   I may have you contact me directly, but I'll let you know.

Thanks,
    Mike

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 4:43 PM
  • Brian, are you still seeing lots of email contact from 1105?

I have an update to share from the team:

"From now on MSDN magazine subscribers will no longer receive email promotions from 1105Media even if they are subscribed to other 1105 publications. They will still receive renewal type/transactional notifications on current subscriptions they have with 1105 magazines but no promotional emails. 

If you are an MSDN subscriber and still receiving 1105Media promotional emails, please let us know"

Brian and others, are you still seeing lots of email contact from 1105 or has it dried up?

Thanks,
    Mike

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 11:09 PM
  • Please remove me from the spam of 1105info
    Tuesday, July 8, 2014 5:00 PM
  • I'm still seeing 1105pubs emails representing Microsoft. It's ridiculous. 
    Wednesday, July 16, 2014 8:45 PM
  • I'm still getting a load of spam emails that I don't want sent from 1105info.com even though I have tried to unsubscribe multiple times and blacklist the domain on our spam filters. Please make it stop!
    Tuesday, August 5, 2014 10:02 AM
  • Same here, 5 to 10 emails a day all from different a email address but 1105info.com as the domain. I have lost count of how many times I've clicked unsubscribe over the past 6 months. MCPMag is not worth the trouble. 1105info is now filtered at the mail server. 
    Thursday, August 28, 2014 4:13 PM
  • Mike, are you saying that msdn actually does business with 1105?  As far as I can tell, 1105 is just a spamming operation.  Suddenly I was getting bombarded with five or six soliciations a day.  They ignore any effort to Unsubscribe.  Junk mail rules don't filter them out.  And so far, my company's firewall hasn't been able to block them.  They are relentless.  Vermine, as far as I'm concerned.  Any ligitimate organization would have to be crazy to do business with them.  MSDN is putting its reputation at risk working with them.

Friday, September 26, 2014 1:31 PM
  • Microsoft - I had to blacklist 1105info.com.  They spam and do not respect removal requests.  I would strongly advise dumping them.

Monday, October 13, 2014 4:42 PM
  • After a meeting between MSDN Staff and 1105 media, we have an update.  

They've put together a single unsubscribe option for all of their lists.  Here's how to access it:

1) Visit this link: https://www.sub-forms.com/dragon/init.do?site=ONE6909_1105pref&pk=PP and enter your email address at the top

2) Find this section (currently at the bottom of the page, but moving to the top soon) and check both boxes:

This will unsubscribe the email address you enter from all 1105 newsletters.

If you are still seeing a lot of email from 1105 media feel free to contact mmsubmit@microsoft.com, which connects you to folks on our team that work with 1105. 

As this forum isn't intended for 1105 media support, but it is relevant for MSDN Subscribers, I'll be closing this thread.  

Thanks!
    Mike

Did Microsoft call you out of the blue about your computer? No, they didn't.

Friday, October 17, 2014 9:44 PM