How can I rollback to VS2008 SP1 Beta? RRS feed

• Question

• Could someone from Microsoft please provide us with a reliable means of rolling back to the Visual Studio SP1 Beta bits?

Since SP1 RTM does not allow Silverlight + data services to work and there has been no indication of when that functionality will be restored (next week?, next month?, next year?, ...) and the beta is no longer available, how do those of us who foolishly moved to the supported platform move forward and possibly keep our jobs?

Thanks

Rob

Monday, August 25, 2008 4:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• Your right, us poor fools for moving to production Bits.

MS PLEASE repost the Beta 1 bits so we can get back to work. OR Fix the SL Libs for the prod release ASAP.

I don't care what you do, just do it! I would hope that in the future, the teams will let us know about issues like this and provide downgrade paths for those of us attempting to support MS's latest technology.

I know it's a beta and beta is beta, but this is leaving us high and dry.

I'm sure Rob feels the same way.

Ben

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 10:31 PM
  • FYI. I attempted to rollback to SP1 beta 1 by restoring my machine to a checkpoint I created prior to installing SP1 RTM. If anyone else is considering doing this, don't waste your time. As soon as I started Visual Studio, I received a bunch of package load errors.

If anyone has successfully restored to a pre-SP1 RTM checkpoint I would love to hear how you did it.

Thanks

Rob

Thursday, August 28, 2008 3:41 PM
  • Just in case you weren't following the other forum thread where we discussed this, we posted a solution here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/astoriateam/archive/2008/09/02/interim-release-making-sl2-beta-2-clients-work-with-net-fx-3-5-sp1-rtm-servers.aspx

Pablo Castro
    Software Architect
    Microsoft Corporation
    http://blogs.msdn.com/pablo

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 12:44 AM