[UWP] App Removed Due to "Offensive Content" RRS feed

• Question

• Our app has been removed due to "offensive content", but no specific content was mentioned in the certification document.  We've sent several emails to reportapp@microsoft.com to find out what the offending content is so we can remove it, but so far no answer.
    Tuesday, September 25, 2018 4:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Ascension 2040,

How long have you sent emails to the reportapp team? It takes 3 business to a week for the team to reply. You need wait for a little more time. If you still receive no reply after a week, you can post here to let us know, we will help you to contact the team in that time.Sorry for any inconvenience.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 2:03 AM
  • We received the following response back.  In lieu of there not being a single example of "offensive content", we feel the app should be reinstated to Microsoft Store.  If we contact store support regarding app removal, they will point us back to the Report App Team.  We've been in the same situation for another app which was erroneously removed from the store and reinstated.  We had to entirely going through the Report App team, so I'm not sure why Gregory is asking me to contact store support.

Hello Developer,   Thank you for contacting us. We do not have any additional information/logs to provide. If you need assistance with development or have publishing questions, please contact Developer Support via your Dev Center or here: http://aka.ms/storesupport.   Please let us know if you need any additional assistance.  

Thank you, Gregory
    Microsoft Store Team

• Edited by Ascension 2040 Wednesday, September 26, 2018 2:41 AM more info
    Wednesday, September 26, 2018 2:38 AM
  • Daisy, what's the next step?
    Wednesday, September 26, 2018 11:45 PM
  • Hi Ascension 2040,

Please go to the site: http://aka.ms/storesupport . Click 'contact us', select 'Dashboard issue' as the support topic and 'App submissions' as the issue type to 'submit an incident'. Please fill the table with information as detailed as possible, which will  beneficial to the team to take a look for your app.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 27, 2018 2:54 AM
  • Daisy,

It's just as I said.  Developer support is sending me to the report app team.  I'm getting the run around.

Thursday, September 27, 2018 6:24 PM
  • Hi Ascension 2040,

Could you check the policy Offensive Content with your app again?

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Friday, September 28, 2018 6:38 AM

• This is silly.  How is anyone supposed to know what content was considered offensive? 

According to your guidelines:

"In addition, your app and associated metadata must not contain content that advocates discrimination, hatred, or violence based on considerations of race, ethnicity, national origin, language, gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, status as a veteran, or membership in any other social group."

There is absolutely no content in the app which advocates discrimination, hatred or violence.  There are YouTube commentators in the app who are African-American, Asian, homosexual, and even transsexual.  It seems Microsoft is discriminating against conservative thought breaking their own policy of not discriminating against "membership in any other social group".

Friday, September 28, 2018 10:31 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for any inconvenient and thanks for your feedback.I have done the things which I can do for you in this publishing forum, could you put your feedback at feedback hub so that you could be assisted better.Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Monday, October 1, 2018 7:39 AM