none
Excel 2010 Doc Customization fails to build on release mode looking for O2007 library. RRS feed

• Question

• We have a excel document customization product. It started way back in VS 2005/O2003 days and we have it now supporting office 2003, 2007 and 2010. Whenever, we'd need to upgrade to a new office version, what we'd do is copy the csproj file and let VS do the upgrade. Then we'll rename the project file as XX_<officeversion>.csproj and continue developement. So we have 3 versions of the csproj file now. All projects share the same source files (with some conditional compilation instructions).

This has been working fairly well till VS 2010 SP1. Since we've had all sorts of problems. We've weeded out many and the current issue is only occuring on our only Office 2010 x64 build machine (others have 2007). Here's the error we are getting.

Error    17    Cannot find dependency 'office, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c'.    <<xx\\project path>> EXEC    <<proj name>>

I scanned the source code of the 2010 csproj file, but it only contains references to office, version 14. And btw, this is only happening when we switch to release build. Debug builds and runs fine.

Any help please?

Friday, April 15, 2011 3:38 PM

All replies

• Hi DNAdict,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I would recommend you check the version of this Assembly Library in the Assembly Folder (GAC) under windows and see whether it has exactly the same version.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, April 18, 2011 5:13 AM
  • Hi Tom,

Can you give me directions/steps on how to do that?

When I look up the assembly on VS, it shows the version as 14.0.0

Monday, April 18, 2011 5:43 AM
  • I used GACView from NirSoft and the only office assembly listed has a version number of 14.0.0 which is what's referenced in my project.

What should I try next?

Monday, April 18, 2011 6:00 AM