Getting familiar with razor code! RRS feed

• Question

• User1421620300 posted

The following is a snippet of code from my view page. I am new to programming the front end so this was just to see if i could get some balance in this area of programming. The problem is that my project is original code from CRUD operations in MVC. But only thing is i wanted to know how the new statement is being used inside of the HTML as shown in bold text! Can someone explain?

@using (Html.BeginForm())
    {
    @Html.AntiForgeryToken()

<div class="form-horizontal">
    <h4>Coach</h4>
    <hr />
    @Html.ValidationSummary(true, "", new { @class = "text-danger" })
    <div class="form-group">
    @Html.LabelFor(model => model.Name, htmlAttributes: new { @class = "control-label col-md-2" })
    <div class="col-md-10">
    @Html.EditorFor(model => model.Name, new { htmlAttributes = new { @class = "form-control" } })
    @Html.ValidationMessageFor(model => model.Name, "", new { @class = "text-danger" })
    </div>
    </div>

Sunday, November 25, 2018 7:43 PM

Answers

• User475983607 posted

The following is a snippet of code from my view page. I am new to programming the front end so this was just to see if i could get some balance in this area of programming. The problem is that my project is original code from CRUD operations in MVC. But only thing is i wanted to know how the new statement is being used inside of the HTML as shown in bold text! Can someone explain?

{
    @Html.AntiForgeryToken()

<h4>Coach</h4>
    <hr />
    <div class="form-group">
    @Html.LabelFor(model => model.Name, htmlAttributes: new { @class = "control-label col-md-2" })
    <div class="col-md-10">
    @Html.EditorFor(model => model.Name, new { htmlAttributes = new { @class = "form-control" } })
    @Html.ValidationMessageFor(model => model.Name, "", new { @class = "text-danger" })
    </div>
    </div>

In this example "new" is building element attributes.  In this case the CSS "class" attribute.

The openly published HTML help docs explain the method overloads.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.web.mvc.html.editorextensions.editorfor?view=aspnet-mvc-5.2

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, November 25, 2018 7:57 PM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

{
    @Html.AntiForgeryToken()

<h4>Coach</h4>
    <hr />
    <div class="form-group">
    <div class="col-md-10">
    </div>
    </div>

In this example "new" is building element attributes.  In this case the CSS "class" attribute.

The openly published HTML help docs explain the method overloads.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.web.mvc.html.editorextensions.editorfor?view=aspnet-mvc-5.2

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, November 25, 2018 7:57 PM
  • User-552477072 posted

Hi Markus33,

To know in depth about new element in HTML you can follow link below: 

https://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_new_elements.asp

w3schools always better choice for practice and learning. Thanks.

Monday, November 26, 2018 3:15 AM