none
How to make release notes look well formatted?

Question

•    When I publish the application notes look right with new lines where I need

But in the store the whole notes field is one line without strategically places new lines.

How to fix it and allow new lines?

Thank you

Alex

Monday, September 19, 2016 7:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Alex K M,

If your app has published in the store and you could update your app’s package to  fix release note. As far as I’m concerned , if you want to make your release note look well  formatted , you can press ENTER to go new line. you can see the following screenshot that I have tested .

You could pay attention to that this field has a 1500 character limit , the more details you can refer to this document.

Best Regards

Cherry Bu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 6, 2016 3:19 AM
  •    That is very strange. I understand my question could sound stupid but it didn't work for me. I didn't enter text directly in the edit box though, the text is copy/pasted from Multilingual Resource Toolkit editor. After the paste it looked good in the text box, identical to the original text with all new lines where it was necessary but after submitting it to the store the whole release notes were in one line if you look at it with a browser on a desktop, however if you look at it with a Windows Phone 8.1 store application everything looks right. Can it be related to the fact that the application is for Windows Phone 8.1? Any ideas what to check and try?

Alex

Thursday, October 6, 2016 4:47 AM
  • Hi Alex K M,

I have tested an application app for windows phone 8.1 and the results of Release notes I see are similar to an application app for windows 10. But just as you say, if you submit app to the store the whole release notes were in one line if you look at it with a browser on a desktop, however if you look at it with a store application everything looks right. you can see the screenshot about this situation.

In the dashboard

In the browser on a desktop

In the store

You could create uservoice through your developer account so that Microsoft support team will see it and modify it.

Apologize  for any confusion or inconvenience this may be casing.

Best Regards,

Cherry Bu<o:p></o:p>

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 10, 2016 5:44 AM