none
Is there a way to customize what gets exported to Excel? RRS feed

• Question

• When my report displays in the report viewer I have a Report header and a table with 7 columns.  When I export the report to excel, I would like to be able to control what gets exported.  The excel version of the report is for accountants and they do not want the header information, and are only interested in 2 out of the 7 columns in the report.

I think I will have to just create two version of the report, one for the accountants and a detailed version for everyone else.

Monday, April 6, 2009 8:25 PM

Answers

• Hi AJ,

Once the export option is selected, there is no additonal customization available to the excel file before it is exported.

The report would need to have the headers showing or not showing before export.

Two reports is a viable options. You could also toggle the report headers visibility based off of a parameter.
    Brad Syputa, Microsoft Reporting Services This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 7:18 PM

All replies

• Hi AJ,

Once the export option is selected, there is no additonal customization available to the excel file before it is exported.

The report would need to have the headers showing or not showing before export.

Two reports is a viable options. You could also toggle the report headers visibility based off of a parameter.
    Brad Syputa, Microsoft Reporting Services This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 7:18 PM
  • Thanks for the info
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 8:37 PM