Artifacts when mapping depth stream to RGB video stream RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi Eddy,

What kind of issues can we expect with the parallax effect? I'm using the NuiImageGetColorPixelCoordinatesFromDepthPixel function to create a color image that is aligned to the depth data. Basically for every depth pixel I call the function to get the corresponding pixel in the color image and i works quite well. There seems to be three small regions in the depth data that do not return a accurate pixel in the color image, that is to say the disparity is off for 3 small sections in the depth data. Is this due to the parallax effect? Would some screen shots or a video help clarify my question? Thanks.

Dave 

• Split by Eddy Escardo-Raffo [MSFT] Friday, August 5, 2011 3:11 AM original question was already answered. This is a distinct thread
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 11:47 PM

All replies

• I've split this thread to make this topic more easily searchable by forum users.

Yes, some screen shots would help clarify your question. In particular if you highlight the affected areas. That being said, it sometimes happens that some small groups of pixels of depth stream to be recorded as if they had zero depth, when real depth could not be determined, and that could cause problems when trying to map these pixels to color image.

Eddy

I'm here to help
    Friday, August 5, 2011 3:17 AM