deploy via msdeploy or msbuild command line RRS feed

• Question

• I want to deploy the code via command line (msbuild or msdeploy)

I need to deploy the code from the build output folder (\\myserver\build_output\version1)

how do i do this?

thx

JOHN

• Moved by Cece Dong Thursday, December 19, 2013 2:03 AM move to appropriate forum
    Tuesday, December 17, 2013 11:04 PM

Answers

• Hello,

>>I need to  deploy the project which has built successfully in TFS Drop Folder on share location (\\myshare\drop)

You can assign the path in the project file.

For more details, please refer to the following links:

How to Publish Web with msbuild?

Publish a Web Application from the Command Line

Best Regards,

Jane.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, December 19, 2013 3:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

What's the version of TFS you are using?

What's the kind of solution you are working on?

I'd like to confirm with you do you want to invoke command line in TFS Build, or just want to a method to deploy the project which has built successfully in TFS Drop Folder locally?

Before using TFS Build to build and deploy the project, you need to make sure you can build and deploy the project locally. If you don't know how to deploy a project locally, maybe you need to get help from MSBuild forum:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=msbuild

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 10:57 AM
  • I use TFS 2012

and I need to  deploy the project which has built successfully in TFS Drop Folder on share location (\\myshare\drop)

Build and deploy is doing fine with the build definition. But I want only to deploy from the drop location.

thanks

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 3:16 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for clarifying your scenario.

In order to get better response, I'm going to move your case to MSBuild forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards.

Thursday, December 19, 2013 2:02 AM
  • Hello,

>>I need to  deploy the project which has built successfully in TFS Drop Folder on share location (\\myshare\drop)

You can assign the path in the project file.

For more details, please refer to the following links:

How to Publish Web with msbuild?

Publish a Web Application from the Command Line

Best Regards,

Jane.

Thursday, December 19, 2013 3:27 AM