How to get the IMFMediaStream by IMFMediaSource? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Who can tell me how to get the IMFMediaStream pointer by IMFMediaSource pointer?

Thank you.

Thursday, November 22, 2012 7:12 AM

Answers

• From what I understand, you can't get an interface pointer of the underlying IMFMediaStream objects via the IMFMediaSource object. The media source internally creates IMFMediaStream objects and pulls samples from them when a topology or external code queues a sample request from the media source. The only other way you can get information about the streams in the media source is to get the IMFPresentationDescriptor for each underlying stream to check its media type.
    • Proposed as answer by Nobby_ Sunday, November 25, 2012 1:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by xiaolifendudu Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:06 AM
    Sunday, November 25, 2012 12:53 AM

All replies

• From what I understand, you can't get an interface pointer of the underlying IMFMediaStream objects via the IMFMediaSource object. The media source internally creates IMFMediaStream objects and pulls samples from them when a topology or external code queues a sample request from the media source. The only other way you can get information about the streams in the media source is to get the IMFPresentationDescriptor for each underlying stream to check its media type.
    • Proposed as answer by Nobby_ Sunday, November 25, 2012 1:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by xiaolifendudu Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:06 AM
    Sunday, November 25, 2012 12:53 AM
  • Thank you.

Monday, November 26, 2012 2:31 AM