JavaScript redirect in web context of HTML & JS store app RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having an issue with an which sits behind an enterprise authentication system. The app is an HTML5 web app which is loaded remotely through an iframe. This works fine, until the authentication system is integrated; this uses a javascript redirect which WinJS refuses to follow and logs an error APPHOST9624.

Is there a way around this?

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 10:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Magnus,

JavaScript/HTML5 Windows Store apps can display HTML in an IFrame but by no means is this intended to duplicate the full functionality of a WebBrowser (which is what you are asking for).  You can try adding all the URIs involved to your application manifest (Content URIs) but I am not certain that will work for you.

A better solution is to implement the HTML5 web app in your Windows Store app and take advantage of the UI, Controls, Contracts and functionality that a Windows Store app can give you.  If the HTML5 app as it is gives you all the functionality you need, there is not much sense in trying to wrap it with a Windows Store app since you can run it in a browser already.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

@jsandersrocks - Windows Store Developer Solutions @WSDevSol
    Getting Started With Windows Azure Mobile Services development? Click here
    Getting Started With Windows Phone or Store app development? Click here
    My Team Blog: Windows Store & Phone Developer Solutions
    My Blog: Http Client Protocol Issues (and other fun stuff I support)

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 2:50 PM