Storage Pool "SU1_Pool" is not in Mirror mode, one hard disk failing move VMs to"Saved-critical' state with the exception of MAS-DC01 (running) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I actually have such disk configuration  - 2 * 300 GB for base OS, 5 * 300 GB for Data for MAS.

I installed a couple of times  April 2017 MAS TP3. After some days one of the hard disk was going to failed state and VMs were moved to"Saved-critical' state with the exception of MAS-DC01 (running). 

When I tried to remove failed disk from Storage Pool I received this error - "This physical disk is used by one or more virtual disks that use the Simple (no resiliency) layout. To remove this physical disk, delete the following virtual disks SU1_Volume_1"

I checked at CloudDeployment\Configuration\Roles\Infrastructure\Storage\Role.xml and found 

"StoragePool Name="SU1_Pool" ReserveCapacityForRebuild="1" ResiliencySettingName="Mirror""

This situation was repeated.

So my question is why VMs were moved to"Saved-critical' state and why Storage Pool "SU1_Pool" is not in Mirror mode?

Friday, May 19, 2017 6:52 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Unfortunately you disk configuration does not meet our minimum requirements.

To get mirroring you need at least 2TB, 8 disks. 

The POC is not designed to be a resilient configuration.

Thanks

Daniel

Friday, May 19, 2017 5:19 PM