none
Can I fetch encrypted / signed mails using EWS Managed API RRS feed

• Question

• I have developed an application that fetches mails from the Exchange Server using EWS Managed API and saves them to the disk in eml format. I am also accessing certain fields of the EmailMessage such as Attachments.Count, Importance, DateTimeReceived, ItemClass, From, Sensitivity, CcRecipients, ToRecipients, MimeContent and storing them in a database.

Now I want to know if my code can work equally with encrypted and digitally signed certificates or not:

• Can encrypted message be returned in same EmailMessage object
    • Can I save EmailMessage.MimeContent.Content as eml
    • Can I access all those attributes on the EmailMessage of encrypted mail.

I am simply subscribing to push notification on new mail event. And moving newly received mail through the EWS Managed API. If a newly received mail is encrypted or signed I want to know it will be moved without any hitch, without requiring any code level changes?

Friday, April 11, 2014 2:20 PM

All replies

• Encryption/Decryption/validation is always handled by the mail client, EWS won't do anything for you in regards to Encrypting or Decrypting email it will just give you access to the encrypted content as its stored in Exchange. If you want to access any encrypted content in the message you will need to decrypt the message yourself. You will still be able to access other non Encypted message properties like the Subject, To, From etc with EWS and moving the message won't have any affect on it.

Cheers
    Glen

Monday, April 14, 2014 2:12 AM