How to know the GUID and CmdID of a given Visual studio item RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

How to know the GUID and CmdID of a given Visual studio item. There is  a way to do so by modifying some of the registry keys but what I need is to know how to do this without having the obligation to pass through regedit because as you know the registry editor is changing from version to another and some keys are not available more 

Thank you

Every one was a beginner once
    Monday, June 20, 2011 3:10 PM

Answers

• EnableVSIPLogging is still supported, other than that you could use something like VSCTPowerToy.

Ryan

Monday, June 20, 2011 4:01 PM

All replies

• EnableVSIPLogging is still supported, other than that you could use something like VSCTPowerToy.

Ryan

Monday, June 20, 2011 4:01 PM
  • Hi

I thing that it is only used within VS 2008 and to enable it you have to put EnableVSPLogging value of the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Microsoft\Visual Studio\8.0\.... to DWORD=0x0000001 but this is only available for the registry editor version 5.0 and I can't find and equivalent in the editor 6.1and for VS  2010

Thank you

Monday, June 20, 2011 4:37 PM
  • It is the same for 2010, but the path in the registry needs to include the proper VS version, so it is HKCU\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0 and if you are on a 64 bit OS it is actually under the Wow6432 registry node if I recall correctly.

Ryan

Monday, June 20, 2011 7:03 PM
  • Hi

You know what I did is I lunched the research within the registry editor and I couldn't find the EnableVSPLogging value. Probably there is another way to enable that with VS 2010

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 9:07 AM
  • It doesn't exist unless you add it.

Ryan

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 5:23 PM