none
MSBuild Portable Class Library problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hey

I am becoming crazy of this one issue. Could you please help me out?

I have an ordinary PCL library (targeting Windows Phone Silverlight 8 and 8.1, .NET 4.5 and WinRT). I try to build it via MSBuild from a clean project and it fails. I get warning of MSB3268 and errors that some namespaces could not be found.

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1605,5): warning MSB3268: de primaire verwijzing SecureBlackbox.HTTP is niet omgezet omdat deze een indirecte afhankelijkheid bevat voor de framework-assembly System.Runtime.WindowsRuntime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 die niet is omgezet in het momenteel ingestelde framework .NETPortable,Version=v4.5,Profile=Profile259. Als u dit probleem wilt verhelpen, moet u de verwijzing SecureBlackbox.HTTP verwijderen of de toepassing opnieuw instellen op een framework-versie die System.Runtime.WindowsRuntime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 bevat. [C:\Users\dries_000\Projects\*****.csproj]
    Constants.cs(1,7): error CS0246: Het type of de naamruimtenaam SBTypes is niet gevonden (ontbreekt er een gebruiksinstructie of assembly-verwijzing?) [C:\Users\dries_000\Projects\***.csproj]
    Extensions\***.cs(7,18): error CS0234: Het type of de naam van de naamruimte MyNamespace bestaat niet in de naamruimte MyApp (ontbreekt er een assembly-verwijzing?) [C:\Users\dries_000\Projects\****.csproj]

I have seen a lot of answers telling I need build tools or other things, but nothing works.

• Moved by Jamles Hez Thursday, June 4, 2015 2:54 AM
    Wednesday, June 3, 2015 2:52 PM

All replies

• Hi dries,

I cannot understand your error code, I use translator as a help:

C: \ Windows \ Microsoft.NET \ Framework \ v4.0.30319 \ Microsoft.Common.targets (1605.5) MSB3268 warning: the primary reference SecureBlackbox.HTTP was not converted because it contains an indirect dependency on the framework assembly System .Runtime.WindowsRuntime, Version = 4.0.0.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = b77a5c561934e089 that is not converted into the currently selected .NETPortable framework, Version = v4.5, Profile = Profile259. To resolve this problem, remove the reference SecureBlackbox.HTTP or application reset to a framework version which contains System.Runtime.WindowsRuntime, Version = 4.0.0.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = b77a5c561934e089. [C: \ Users \ dries_000 \ Projects \ ***** csproj.]

I don't think it's typically MSBuild issue, it looks more like your framework version issue, I moved to Class Library forum for a better support.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, June 4, 2015 2:57 AM
  • Hello dries-itp,

>>I have an ordinary PCL library (targeting Windows Phone Silverlight 8 and 8.1, .NET 4.5 and WinRT). I try to build it via MSBuild from a clean project and it fails

It is not clear your exact scenario, are you add a reference to the PCL in a clean project or you use the MSBuild build the PCL directly? And I created two tests for both scenarios, however, both of them successfully.

So if possible, please provided a clear clarification about how to reproduce this issue on your side including your detail environment.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, June 4, 2015 7:05 AM