none
about microsoft.nt framework RRS feed

Answers

• Removing this will make many programs will fail to operate correctly.

However, the .NET Framework should not make your computer run slowly.  If your computer is running slowly, it's most likely due to some other software you have installed.

Reed Copsey, Jr. - http://reedcopsey.com
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Friday, April 9, 2010 2:23 AM
    Friday, April 2, 2010 5:05 PM
  • Why do you think it makes your computer slow?

How do you want to remove it? Uninstall it from 'Programs and Features' in 'Control Panel'?
    If you do that, your applications which use .NET Framework will not work anymore.

-Karel

Friday, April 2, 2010 5:11 PM
  • Thank you for Reed and Karel's kindly help.

Hi Annamaria-x,

Thank you for your post.

Referring to removal of any versions of the .NET Framework, it depends on the applications and OS that are ran on your PC.

For OS, here is a useful blog that shows what version of .NET Framework is included in what version of OS. See: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2007/03/14/mailbag-what-version-of-the-net-framework-is-included-in-what-version-of-the-os.aspx
    This means that we cannot remove the related .NET Framework since they are shipped with OS.

For applications, as Reed and Karel mentioned, we need .NET Framework to support our .NET applications. If you're not quite sure which .NET Framework is required, you should leave all the .NET Frameworks on your machine.

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, April 5, 2010 8:54 AM

All replies

• Removing this will make many programs will fail to operate correctly.

However, the .NET Framework should not make your computer run slowly.  If your computer is running slowly, it's most likely due to some other software you have installed.

Reed Copsey, Jr. - http://reedcopsey.com
    Friday, April 2, 2010 5:05 PM
  • Why do you think it makes your computer slow?

How do you want to remove it? Uninstall it from 'Programs and Features' in 'Control Panel'?
    If you do that, your applications which use .NET Framework will not work anymore.

-Karel

Friday, April 2, 2010 5:11 PM
  • Thank you for Reed and Karel's kindly help.

Hi Annamaria-x,

Thank you for your post.

Referring to removal of any versions of the .NET Framework, it depends on the applications and OS that are ran on your PC.

For OS, here is a useful blog that shows what version of .NET Framework is included in what version of OS. See: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2007/03/14/mailbag-what-version-of-the-net-framework-is-included-in-what-version-of-the-os.aspx
    This means that we cannot remove the related .NET Framework since they are shipped with OS.

For applications, as Reed and Karel mentioned, we need .NET Framework to support our .NET applications. If you're not quite sure which .NET Framework is required, you should leave all the .NET Frameworks on your machine.

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, April 5, 2010 8:54 AM
  • In what way does Microsoft .NET framework helps??? It actually does slows my computer. Once I installed it, Flash player becomes unstable in web pages. Once I uninstalled it, everything works fine. It will be helpful if someone can tell what programs does this .net framework helps with??
    Mervyn
    Monday, November 8, 2010 10:03 PM
  • .NET Framework 4 is slowing my computer down.  Through a series of restores, I have determine that it is the problem.  What can I do if I need .NET Framework 4 to run another program.  This is a program I ran without problems before a recent recovery.
    Saturday, August 4, 2012 7:10 PM
  • Please start a new thread, do not hijack old threads.

In your new thread I would recommend to specify "How is it slowed down" and "How did a serie of restores determine the slowness". Maybe there is a solution to your 'slowness' problem. It's hard to tell without more details.

Monday, August 6, 2012 6:33 PM