none
customising appointment form (adjoining region) & locating Organisation Forms Library RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to add a field to the global appointment form and am struggling. Can you help please?

I have created a text field using Field Chooser. I have also added the field to a new form region on the correct form.

However, I am not clear how to make this adjoining, i.e. I just want it to appear at the bottom of the appointment form when users create one.

Also, when I go to publish I do not see an option for Organisation Forms Library. I'm confused by guidance suggesting that I may have to create a Library first (doesn't one exist by default with these forms in?) and that I may need to use Powershell to add it. I'm not comfortable using Powershell at the moment so would rather not (more issues with connecting and importing cmdlets)

Hoping for some clarity from someone please. Thanks in advance.

Lewis

Outlook Office 365 ProPlus

• Edited by Lewis John Thursday, July 28, 2016 1:01 PM
    Thursday, July 28, 2016 8:42 AM

Answers

• >>>However, I am not clear how to make this adjoining, i.e. I just want it to appear at the bottom of the appointment form when users create one.

According to your description, You cannot customize the default pages of an appointment form by using Microsoft Outlook form pages customizations. However, you can customize the first page of an appointment form by adding an adjoining form region. You can also use form regions to replace existing form pages.

You can hide the default pages that cannot be customized. However, because those pages provide much of the Outlook appointment scheduling, it is recommended that instead of hiding them, you create new pages with additional functionality. You can also use form regions to customize the default pages by using the page control.

Meeting request forms are not designed to be customized. Instead, customize an appointment form. The custom form is used when the appointment is converted to a meeting.

For more information, click here to refer to Appointment Forms Overview and Form Regions

• Proposed as answer by David_JunFeng Sunday, August 7, 2016 2:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by David_JunFeng Monday, August 8, 2016 1:42 AM
    Friday, July 29, 2016 5:07 AM

All replies

• >>>However, I am not clear how to make this adjoining, i.e. I just want it to appear at the bottom of the appointment form when users create one.

According to your description, You cannot customize the default pages of an appointment form by using Microsoft Outlook form pages customizations. However, you can customize the first page of an appointment form by adding an adjoining form region. You can also use form regions to replace existing form pages.

You can hide the default pages that cannot be customized. However, because those pages provide much of the Outlook appointment scheduling, it is recommended that instead of hiding them, you create new pages with additional functionality. You can also use form regions to customize the default pages by using the page control.

Meeting request forms are not designed to be customized. Instead, customize an appointment form. The custom form is used when the appointment is converted to a meeting.

For more information, click here to refer to Appointment Forms Overview and Form Regions

• Proposed as answer by David_JunFeng Sunday, August 7, 2016 2:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by David_JunFeng Monday, August 8, 2016 1:42 AM
    Friday, July 29, 2016 5:07 AM
  • Hi, I will have to look again as I'm not clear. Do you know how I can access the organisation library?
    Friday, August 12, 2016 1:47 PM
  • >>>Do you know how I can access the organisation library?

According to your description, (Exchange only) To save the form in the Organizational Forms Library, click Organizational Forms Library in the Forms Library box. To save the form in the Outlook Folders Library, click Outlook Folders, and then click the folder where you want to save the form. To save the form in the Personal Forms Library, click Personal Forms Library.

For more information, click here to refer about Save a Form in a Forms Library

If I have any misunderstandings on your question, please correct me and provide more details about your issue.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Thursday, August 18, 2016 5:36 AM