none
missing design surface

Question

• In my blank universal windows application I do not see the upper design surface
    • Moved by Greazer Monday, January 4, 2016 10:00 PM wrong forum
    Tuesday, December 29, 2015 12:08 PM

Answers

• Hi abnettt,

Could you share the detailed error message here and tell us which version of Visual Studio you are using to help us understanding your problem?

There are many reasons for this problem, please try with following steps to troubleshoot this issue.

1. Please check whether you have enabled XAML Designer in menu Tools -> Options -> XAML Designer.
    2. Please make sure you have installed all Windows SDK, include Windows 10 SDK and Windows 8/8.1 SDK.
    3. Which version of Universal app do you create? If it is an Windows 10 app, but your computer is Windows 8.1, the designer won't load.
    4. If your Windows is version 10, please update the Build 10586.
    5. If your Visual Studio is 2015, please install the Update 1 for your Visual Studio from https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/news/vs2015-update1-vs.aspx

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 7:35 AM

All replies

• In my blank universal windows application I do not see the upper design surface
    Tuesday, December 29, 2015 12:09 PM
  • Hi abnettt,

Could you share the detailed error message here and tell us which version of Visual Studio you are using to help us understanding your problem?

There are many reasons for this problem, please try with following steps to troubleshoot this issue.

1. Please check whether you have enabled XAML Designer in menu Tools -> Options -> XAML Designer.
    2. Please make sure you have installed all Windows SDK, include Windows 10 SDK and Windows 8/8.1 SDK.
    3. Which version of Universal app do you create? If it is an Windows 10 app, but your computer is Windows 8.1, the designer won't load.
    4. If your Windows is version 10, please update the Build 10586.
    5. If your Visual Studio is 2015, please install the Update 1 for your Visual Studio from https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/news/vs2015-update1-vs.aspx

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 7:35 AM