A first chance exception of type 'System.SystemException' occurred in mscorlib.dll RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, 
    Can anyone tell me why I keep getting SystemException every second? but i cant debug it because I cant load the source code (there is no source code).
    Thanks,
    Sam.
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 8:36 PM

Answers

• I think the library is a native library which is mscorlib.dll

It seems the OOM causes this exception, but not really sure as it doesn't happen after I fixed the OOM.

Sam.

• Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Monday, September 5, 2011 7:30 AM
    Friday, August 26, 2011 4:53 PM

All replies

• Without knowing any details at all, all I can do is forward you to the MSDN documentation on System.SystemException.

The exception, if uncaught, should be causing a dr. watson error to appear on the mobile device screen. Can you post the information from the details of that dialog?

It would be helpful to know what program you're running, too.

-PaulH

Thursday, August 25, 2011 8:55 PM
  • Hi Paul,

The problem is WM doesn't show the error log. I even turn on SystemException in debug menu's exception and check mark the Thrown option. VS stop for debugging but said it cant load the source code because there is no source code. Cant do much about this.

Sam.

Thursday, August 25, 2011 9:13 PM
  • Just so I understand, let me know if this is accurate:

You have a program you wrote (or at least have the source to) that you're running from the Visual Studio debugger. Every second or so, you see a System.SystemException pass by in the output window. You set VS to break when an exception is thrown. It does, but says it doesn't have the source to the library that threw the exception.

It sounds like your application is importing some library that is throwing the exception. It probably catches and handles the exception itself (otherwise the whole program would crash). This might be an issue and it might not.

When the exception is thrown and the debugger breaks in, can you tell what library is throwing the exception? Do you explicitly use that library in your code? If so, how?

-PaulH

Friday, August 26, 2011 1:48 PM
  • I think the library is a native library which is mscorlib.dll

It seems the OOM causes this exception, but not really sure as it doesn't happen after I fixed the OOM.

Sam.

• Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Monday, September 5, 2011 7:30 AM
    Friday, August 26, 2011 4:53 PM
  • Yes,  it probably did. I'm glad to know that fixed your issue.

-PaulH

Friday, September 2, 2011 5:05 PM
  • How do you fix the OOM error?
    • Proposed as answer by ivaskida Sunday, July 28, 2013 3:25 AM
    Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:14 AM