none
Working with Kinect V2, Now unable to train properly using VGB due to clip freezing in the same frame? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi to Microsoft Kinect Team,

I'm a Researcher who is currently working with Kinect V2. I've been involved with capturing bio-mechanical movements of Patients. While i was using VGB to train .xef clips of around 3 min duration( which i got from Kinect Studio),  some of the clips freezes in the same frame. This makes it very difficult to train the data. So i'm unable to train the clip for both continuous and discrete gestures. Now the important 2 Question is:

1. Shall i have to use SSD instead of conventional hard disks to overcome this problem?

2. Shall i've to upgrade my laptop RAM?

The following is my Laptop Configuration:

Core i7-4500U 1.8Ghz

AMD Radeon R7 m265 2GB GRAPHICS CARD

8GB RAM + 1 SLOT EMPTY

1TB Hard Disk (Which i want to upgrade to SSD)

Please provide me with detailed answers, i was also in a time pressure to finish my project..

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 5:35 AM

All replies

• Hi

Microsoft staff have not been actively partipating in the forum for some months so I don't think you will get an answer from them. Still, there are other people in the forum with a lot of experience in Kinect who may help you if they have the time.

I'm not sure, but I don't think you should have problems with your specs. Do the videos freeze if you play them in Kinect Studio? Do they freeze when you are tagging them in VGB? Or just during the traning process?

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 11:32 AM