none
How do you remove column header filter dropdown triangle icon? RRS feed

• Question

• I can't remember where to find this. I don't want the users to have this button in many datasheets.

I have an application that has removed them before, but can't determine which property it was or how I did it.

Sunday, February 12, 2017 4:54 PM

Answers

• I did check them twice, except I missed it. I just checked again and found it.. Its the Other Tab > Shortcut Menu = False. I thought this just applied to the Right-Click context menu. I guess it also removes that dropdown.

If anyone can followup with a way to have both a right-click context menu AND remove that triangle, that would be nice. May not be possible, but just throwing it out there.
    • Marked as answer by HTHP Sunday, February 12, 2017 6:36 PM
    Sunday, February 12, 2017 6:36 PM

All replies

• The filters can be removed by setting Allow Filters to false at the form level. I don't know how to remove the sort options.

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

Sunday, February 12, 2017 6:01 PM

• That does not get rid of the dropdown. Here is a form I have in datasheet view that does what I'm trying to accomplish. This form is in the same app as this one, I just can't remember how I did it.
    Sunday, February 12, 2017 6:16 PM
  • One way to find out is to in design view carefully compare the properties of both forms.

Let us know what you find.

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

Sunday, February 12, 2017 6:18 PM
  • I did check them twice, except I missed it. I just checked again and found it.. Its the Other Tab > Shortcut Menu = False. I thought this just applied to the Right-Click context menu. I guess it also removes that dropdown.

If anyone can followup with a way to have both a right-click context menu AND remove that triangle, that would be nice. May not be possible, but just throwing it out there.
    • Marked as answer by HTHP Sunday, February 12, 2017 6:36 PM
    Sunday, February 12, 2017 6:36 PM
  • Set ShortcutMenu property to false (Other Tab > Shortcut Menu = False) and write a code for Form_Load event:

Private Sub Form_Load()

Me.ShortcutMenu = True

End Sub

It works fine for me (MsAccess 2016).

Thursday, November 23, 2017 11:46 AM