Remote Desktop Version RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having issues establishing connection Remote Desktop with Windows server 2012.

The device has RDP version 5.1, and from the information i have won't work with Windows server 2012, the RDP version that work with Windows server 2012 is the RDP v.6.0.

So do you know if it is possible to update the rdp in the device or if you know any other RDP client that can be installed on Windows mobile or CE devices?

Thanks

Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:27 AM

Answers

• Hi J_Vieira,

Welcome to msdn forum.

According to your description,

So do you know if it is possible to update the rdp in the device or if you know any other RDP client that can be installed on Windows mobile or CE devices?

As far as I know, RDP version 6 is the latest version that has been available for CE 6. Version 7 of RDP has been released with Windows 7 embedded.

More information:

#Remote desktop client for CE 6

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/27561a67-fe3f-4223-b369-2d4370acb0ea/thin-clients-remote-desktop-client-for-ce-6?forum=winserverTS

Hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Eileen ni

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Eileen ni Friday, October 18, 2013 5:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eileen ni Monday, October 28, 2013 1:25 AM
    Friday, October 18, 2013 5:17 AM