Error 8_'PostBuildEvent' failed with error code '1' 'Unspecified error'

Question

• Hello,

When i have to build the project that time "'PostBuildEvent' failed with error code '1' 'Unspecified error' " get generated.I have to check the .exe , uninstall.exe. product code.Both are same.But , don't know how  to occur such error.

Kulkarni Sneha S.

Monday, May 7, 2012 10:19 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I got solution for it.In setup workspace for .exe properties have the option PostBuild Event.In that have to pass script.After rebuild the solution that time such error was occured.for it i have to run msi45sdk software in my system.After it error get resolved.When we add script in postbuild event option for its its necessary to have msisdk to your system.

Kulkarni Sneha S.

Thursday, May 10, 2012 7:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Sneha, 

Thanks for your post.

In order to resolve this issue, I want to confirm more information with you:

1        What’s the version of your TFS?

2        What’s the detailed error message you received in Team Building?

Could you please describe your question in more detail and we will be able to provide the better responses.

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 10:00 AM
  • Hello,

I got solution for it.In setup workspace for .exe properties have the option PostBuild Event.In that have to pass script.After rebuild the solution that time such error was occured.for it i have to run msi45sdk software in my system.After it error get resolved.When we add script in postbuild event option for its its necessary to have msisdk to your system.

Kulkarni Sneha S.

Thursday, May 10, 2012 7:14 AM
  • hi Sneha,

i go through your post but i want all this in Setup Project...

When i Build Setup file in that time want Build My Sandcastle Project also because it will Generate Latest  Help File.........

For this reason i added in PostBuildevent "%SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\msbuild.exe /p:Configuration=Release Hello.shfbproj " i want to Build sandcastle project but i getting 

"PostBuildEvent' failed with error code '1' 'Unspecified error " error......

i want to build my *.shfbproj file same time when i build Setup Project file.....

Hope u will understand what i want.....

Thnaks & Regards, Pramod Tiwari

Thursday, July 19, 2012 9:27 AM