none
When service running with Group Managed Service Account, EWS will not work? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm using Group Management Service Account to run my service, and this service will call EWS api to get sub folders in user's mailbox.  And I've assigned the impersonate permission to this service account.

But when it runs, an exception has comes out,

Exception caught and ignored: The SMTP address has no mailbox associated with it., StackTrace:    at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceRequestBase.ProcessWebException(WebException webException)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceRequestBase.GetEwsHttpWebResponse(IEwsHttpWebRequest request)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceRequestBase.ValidateAndEmitRequest(IEwsHttpWebRequest& request)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.MultiResponseServiceRequest`1.Execute()
       at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ExchangeService.BindToFolder[TFolder](FolderId folderId, PropertySet propertySet)

And in the meantime, in the windows event log, there's an error come out,

(Process w3wp.exe, PID 9092) "RBAC authorization returns Access Denied for user SMEX12\SMEX12Test$ (SID=S-1-5-21-709115522-1612298502-133514736-1673). Reason: User was not found on Domain Controller ex2016ad.smex12.com."

and my group management service account is SMEX12\SMEX12Test$,  and here is the code which have this exceptions below,

rootFolder = Folder.Bind(service, WellKnownFolderName.MsgFolderRoot);

So could you help me? How could I fix this error?  Because I need to use group management service to run service.

Thanks.

• Edited by SimonChenTM Tuesday, December 8, 2015 7:41 AM
    Tuesday, December 8, 2015 7:40 AM

All replies