none
xport to excel and create multiple sheets (workbook) on single click in web application using vb as scripting language (vb code) RRS feed

• Question

• Export to excel and create multiple sheets (workbook) on single click  in web application using vb as scripting language (vb code)

Friday, June 22, 2012 8:04 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Programmer 1yr,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

You've mentioned "xport" in your original post, is it stands for "Export" or just some kind of 3rd party software?

It will be nice if you can detailed describe the current situation you are facing and what do you want in your program.

I'm looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
    Quist

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 7:49 AM
  • Hi Quist,

It is Export and not any 3rd party software.

I have 2,00,000 data and it is not possible to export data to excel in MS excel 2003 or 2007 as it has some limit.

So in my application I am filling the datatable from dataset but while filling my datatable I am using for loop to fill 65000 rows in a datatable so I am getting 4 dataset.

Now I want to export all the 4 dataset to an excel workbook so each dataset is reflected in a sheet  with cell format at a click. So I will get 1 workbook with 4 sheets.

The number of sheets can vary..

This is web application using vb as scripting language.

Thanks.

Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:37 AM
  • Hi Programmer 1yr,

I'll involve some experts who are familiar with your issue. This may take some time.

Much appreciate for your patient and understanding.

Best regards,
    Quist

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, June 28, 2012 8:07 AM
  • Hi Quist,

OK, Thank you.

Will be waiting for the help for export to excel function in asp.net using VB in code behind.

Regards,

Programmer 1yr

Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:03 AM
  • Hi,

Please refer to this OneCode project for how to implement this. Although it's C#, you can convert it with tool like Reflector.

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/CSASPNETExcelImportExport-71cf1101

regards

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager

Thursday, June 28, 2012 2:53 PM