Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service - connect via HTTP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I am writing a Silverlight application (run on desktop), I want to connect to all windows media player shared libraries via HTTP, similar to that of Windows 7 itself. Now my issues is I have search the entire net looking for some any API documentation on WMPNSS without much luck. 

If anyone can point me the right direction that will be much appreciated. 

thanks, 

Sanj

• Moved by lucy-liu Friday, May 13, 2011 9:52 AM it is not related c# (From:Visual C# General)
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 6:35 AM

Answers

• The WMPNSS is a DLNA media server, accessed through UPnP.  The UPnP ContentDirectoryService:1 specification defines how to query for content from the server.  Unfortunately, there is no convenient API for accessing DLNA servers -- you need to use the UPnP API directly with the action strings defined in the various UPnP specifications.
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 10:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Sanjeev,

I am moving this thread from “Visual C# General" forum to the “Media Foundation Development”forum. Since the issue is related to Media Foundation Development. There are more experts in the ¡°Windows SDK " forum.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,

Lucy

Lucy Liu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, May 13, 2011 9:52 AM
  • The WMPNSS is a DLNA media server, accessed through UPnP.  The UPnP ContentDirectoryService:1 specification defines how to query for content from the server.  Unfortunately, there is no convenient API for accessing DLNA servers -- you need to use the UPnP API directly with the action strings defined in the various UPnP specifications.
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 10:17 PM