none
Project server 2007 behavior - Workspace for Master Projects RRS feed

• Question

• experts, I have two project schedules that are published in PWA with no workspace. I'm trying to create a master project with these two as subproject and then create a workspace for the master so i can manage the Issues and Risks for the master instead of each sub project. If I create a blank project, go up to Insert Project pick the first one, then go back to Insert Project, pick the second one, then save and publish the master I get a CreateWSSSite error message via email. So when I try to publish the master with the subs already inserted, will Project Server try to create a workspace for each subproject?

What is the proper practice for such a case?

Thanks, Hadi

Tuesday, July 6, 2010 10:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Hadie,

I tried the above steps in June CU 2010 and identified that the CreateWSSSite error comes appeared for sub projects and not for Master project.

Best practice i would recommend  is to create a blank master project first with workspace and then insert the sub projects in it then republish the Master Project plan. 

Thanks

MOhit

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, MOhit - MSFT (Project) Microsoft Online Community Support
    Tuesday, July 6, 2010 10:43 PM
  • I don't think it's a bug it is by design behavior

Thanks

MOhit

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, MOhit - MSFT (Project) Microsoft Online Community Support
    • Marked as answer by hadie Wednesday, July 7, 2010 2:24 AM
    Tuesday, July 6, 2010 11:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Hadie,

I tried the above steps in June CU 2010 and identified that the CreateWSSSite error comes appeared for sub projects and not for Master project.

Best practice i would recommend  is to create a blank master project first with workspace and then insert the sub projects in it then republish the Master Project plan. 

Thanks

MOhit

Tuesday, July 6, 2010 10:43 PM
  • Thanks Mohit. Yes you are corrected the error message is related to the subprojects.

so would you identify this as a bug? do you think i'll be fixed in future releases?

Tuesday, July 6, 2010 11:30 PM
  • I don't think it's a bug it is by design behavior

Thanks

MOhit

• Marked as answer by hadie Wednesday, July 7, 2010 2:24 AM
    Tuesday, July 6, 2010 11:37 PM