Logic Apps Custom Connector - verbose RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a Logic App custom connector to call a REST API behind the scene.

When I try to use the connector I have an error coming from the called API (403 error).

I can't see the logs of the called API so I wondered how I can have access to a detailed log of the REST calls made to this API by my custom connector?

Thanks.

Friday, October 20, 2017 2:26 PM

All replies

• Hi David,

When you say using the connector, you are getting the error on design time, or at runtime?

On design time, I've used Fiddler before to track the calls a connector executes, in order to provide information to the Product team. So that might be an option.

If it is during runtime, and you control the API, I would suggest configuring Application Insights to get more details about the error.

I know that is not a definitive answer, but I hope this helps.

Cheers, Wagner.

Saturday, October 21, 2017 10:55 AM
  • Hi Wagner,

I'm looking into the trace at runtime. I have an "Access denied" error returned by my connector when I use it in a Logic App.

Unfortunately I'm not owning the backend API so I can't add more logs on it...

Saturday, October 21, 2017 11:08 AM
  • Have you added the right security for your custom connector. You can read more on how to do it here : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/custom-connector-azure-active-directory-authentication

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 6:49 PM
  • Hi,

My web api is not behind an AD. It has a very simple auth requirement: I need to send an ApiKey header.

So I try to put this header in the security configuration of the connector and I have this 403 error.

I try to remove the header in the security part and put the header in the action configuration in the connector and I have the same issue.

So my wish is to have the ability to have a trace (like a fiddler trace) to see what happened between the connector and the API.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 4:38 PM
  • Can you send me an email with issue description at divswa@microsoft.com and I'll loop in other folks to help with this issue.

Thanks

Divya

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 6:23 PM