general feedback on the UI

Question

• i really love the metro UI looks , this is the best UI i  have seen after windows media center.
    • it is becoming  very tough to do tradition task like enabling the remote desktop connection  and disable firewall in the new UI 
    • there is no way to close metro APPS
    • start button is useless in non metro mode , is it only used for switching between the two ?
    • if i set RPEnabled  to zero then i can't use metro UI at all , i can click on the metro apps nothing happens  andlso task bar always visible.
    • how do i shutdown windows using metro UI ? , this is really confusing me :(
    • there is no way to close the metro applications and also there is no way to switch between metro applications
    • is there a short cut to bring back the appbar and charm menu ?

vijay pothireddy
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 6:55 AM

Answers

• To shut down:

move the Mouse to the lower left corner and Press Settings.

On the right shuld appear a button wich is labled Power.

Works maybe only on the startscreen.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:50 AM
  • When in a Metro App, move the mouse to the bottom left of your screen - this will bring up a menu, to go back click Start.

To shut down the computer click your user name at the top right of the screen - a menu will appear.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:03 AM
  • This also works on the desktop. It took me ages to find this.

You can also press Ctrl-Alt-Del, press the power button in the bottom right and select "Shut Down".

Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:19 AM

All replies

• When in a Metro App, move the mouse to the bottom left of your screen - this will bring up a menu, to go back click Start.

To shut down the computer click your user name at the top right of the screen - a menu will appear.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:03 AM
  • To shut down:

move the Mouse to the lower left corner and Press Settings.

On the right shuld appear a button wich is labled Power.

Works maybe only on the startscreen.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:50 AM
  • This also works on the desktop. It took me ages to find this.

You can also press Ctrl-Alt-Del, press the power button in the bottom right and select "Shut Down".

Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:19 AM