none
Community site, SitePages/Category.aspx is missing Featured Discussions, Discussions List XsltListViewWebParts? RRS feed

• Question

• In Community site, when I click on a Category which opens SitePages/Category.aspx?CategoryID=2&SiteMapTitle=XXX is missingFeatured Discussions, Discussions List XsltListViewWebParts? How coudl I bring them back here? Thanks
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 6:21 AM

All replies

• Hi, Roy,

I assume your issue is like below, please set me right if there are any misunderstanding.

When you go to a certain category, the Featured Discussion web part is missing. And you want to get it back.

The best way is to Go Site Pages> find the Category page and check the version history of the page. Find an earlier version and restore it.

Best Regards

Jerry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 7:50 AM
  • You are right. Featured Discussions and Discussions List Web part are missing. Restoring previous pages did not help. What else I can do?
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 7:55 AM
  • Hi, Roy,

Can access the discussion list?  What makes the version history not working? The restored page also lacks the web part?

"Discussions List Web part are missing." Do you mean that you cannot find the Discussion list web part in the App folder when you try to insert web parts? 

Best Regards

Jerry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 8:57 AM
  • I restored the version history and the issue still exists.  The restored page also lacks the web part. Catagories.aspx page actually reads category Id from url and shows up the number of discussions, number of replies, featured discussions, and the discussion topics of that category. These web parts are not anymore in this page. I wanted to add them but they do not appear in Apps because the counts, featured documents are not lists. Discussions List I can add but that do not display the topics of that category only when I click a category Tile.
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 12:42 PM
  • Hi, Roy,

You can add a new view with filters on isFeaturedDisucssion and Category property to get the needed items in the list. Then add the Discussion List web part with the new view to show the featured items in that category. It will be a bit tedious work for each category will need a separate view. 

If this does not work, i think you will need to restore you content database to restore the community site page.

Best Regards

Jerry

• Proposed as answer by Michael Han6 Monday, July 22, 2019 1:22 AM
    Friday, July 19, 2019 8:52 AM
  • Hi, Roy,

Is there any update about your issue?

Best Regards

Jerry

Thursday, July 25, 2019 7:26 AM