none
Projects Unavailable

Question

• I am running Windows 7 Home edition on my computer. I enrolled in the introduction to Mobile App Development class. I am stuck at where I am supposed to edit the project I made online in the App Studio in Visual Studio. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to upgrade to Windows 10?

Friday, December 18, 2015 12:03 PM

Answers

• Hi williab3,

Which version of Visual Studio are you using? And which version of Windows app are you creating? Windows 8.1 app or Windows 10 app?

Please create a new project with Visual Studio on your Windows 7 Home edition computer to make sure whether this problem is occurs with all projects or just this specific project. If possible, please provide a sample project to help us re-produce your problem.

If occurs with this specific project, please create a new project and then move project files to the new project one by one.

If for all project, please check whether you have installed the latest version of Windows SDK. If not, please download and install from below link.

https://dev.windows.com/en-us/downloads/windows-10-sdk

In addition, please check whether there any information about this problem in Output window. If no, please check the ActiveLog.xml under the path of %AppData%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0. This file will log all operations when you operate Visual Studio.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, December 21, 2015 8:33 AM

All replies

• Hi williab3,

Which version of Visual Studio are you using? And which version of Windows app are you creating? Windows 8.1 app or Windows 10 app?

Please create a new project with Visual Studio on your Windows 7 Home edition computer to make sure whether this problem is occurs with all projects or just this specific project. If possible, please provide a sample project to help us re-produce your problem.

If occurs with this specific project, please create a new project and then move project files to the new project one by one.

If for all project, please check whether you have installed the latest version of Windows SDK. If not, please download and install from below link.

https://dev.windows.com/en-us/downloads/windows-10-sdk

In addition, please check whether there any information about this problem in Output window. If no, please check the ActiveLog.xml under the path of %AppData%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0. This file will log all operations when you operate Visual Studio.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, December 21, 2015 8:33 AM
  • I needed to upgrade to Windows 10 and then I also needed to upgrade to the professional edition
    Thursday, January 28, 2016 9:13 AM