none
Project resources question - DLL files

Question

• I was wounding if I download a Windows Modern UI for Vb in the Manage NuGet packages could you pack the dll files in your program? I've been using MetroFramework on some of my projects and I always have to send people the MetroFramework dll files with my project or it doesn't work. could I just put the dll files into the program somehow? Thank you so much.
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 10:46 PM

All replies

• Yes you can distribute the DLL files required for your application like any other DLL an application requires to run.

https://github.com/thielj/MetroFramework/blob/master/LICENSE.md

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Thursday, April 20, 2017 2:19 AM
  • Hi timeFluid,

Based on your description, I think if you install Metroframework from the Manage Nuget packages in your project, and then you package your project, you will see these dlls that your project need in your project--bin---debug/Reales field. You can send all Debug/Reales field to user, if the user need, they can register these dll.

Best Regards,

Cherry Bu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 3:56 AM