none
Certificate Error during compiling C# Application

Question

• Hello,

I am new to the MS Visual Studio environment, and try to compile an simple application. Below is the error I got. I have read, that this may have somethings to do with the installed .NET. All entries about .NET are 4.5.x or 4.6.x under installed programs.

I am using VS Express 2015 for Desktop and also VS Studio 2015 Community Edition.

BTW what is the difference between bot environments? Which one I can uninstall? I just want to make simple windows application in C#. I am basically learning C#.

Here is the error, I got:

An error occurred while signing: Failed to sign bin\Debug\app.publish\Generic HID UI.exe. SignTool Error: No certificates were found that met all the given criteria. PSoC USB Data Transfer Application

Monday, August 1, 2016 7:32 AM

Answers

• Hi,

if you can use the Community Edition then you should stick to that and drop the Express Edition (Limitation is mainly, that it cannot be used in enterprises that exceed a given size).

And the signing problem: Please check the signing tab inside the project properties and make sure to have a valid certificate there (so it must be a code signing certificate that is not expired) or deactivate the signing.

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by DelSigADC Tuesday, August 2, 2016 5:40 AM
    Monday, August 1, 2016 11:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

if you can use the Community Edition then you should stick to that and drop the Express Edition (Limitation is mainly, that it cannot be used in enterprises that exceed a given size).

And the signing problem: Please check the signing tab inside the project properties and make sure to have a valid certificate there (so it must be a code signing certificate that is not expired) or deactivate the signing.

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by DelSigADC Tuesday, August 2, 2016 5:40 AM
    Monday, August 1, 2016 11:24 AM
  • Hello Konrad,

thanks, I found the place to deactivate the signing. Works for me now.

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 5:40 AM
  • Hi DelSigADC,

Glad to hear you have had your issue resolved. And thanks for sharing us your result here.

It will benefit to other community members who have the same issue. It will be easier for them to search the solution.

Have a nice day:)

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 5:47 AM