Pass Multi value parameter to subreport in dirll through report ssrs RRS feed

• Question

• User-2112117666 posted

I have two reports 1 is subreport and other is main report. Date Field are placed in both reports. i have groups in main report, one group is task. In the task fields one persons is working in 3 project, two project are same company and 1 is for other and it give me count for each project. I want when i click on link it send multivalue parameter to subreport and it just show matching records.

Friday, December 19, 2014 6:44 AM

Answers

• User-830595639 posted

Hi Asif,

I didn't get clearly but will give you some idea to do it.p

If you want to pass value to subreport using value from main report then you can use below expression.

1. Go to your subreport Property window and then click on Parameter section.

2. Select the parameter for which you want to pass the value.

3. Use this expression Parameters!Abc.Value (Abc should be a multivmalue parameter then only it will send all the selected value from y it)

If you want to send multiple valuer for each group you are calling your subreport then you need to generate the values in subreport by passing the group value .

I hope this will help if not then please give exact details of of your problem.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, December 19, 2014 7:58 AM

All replies

• User-830595639 posted

Hi Asif,

I didn't get clearly but will give you some idea to do it.p

If you want to pass value to subreport using value from main report then you can use below expression.

1. Go to your subreport Property window and then click on Parameter section.

2. Select the parameter for which you want to pass the value.

3. Use this expression Parameters!Abc.Value (Abc should be a multivmalue parameter then only it will send all the selected value from y it)

If you want to send multiple valuer for each group you are calling your subreport then you need to generate the values in subreport by passing the group value .

I hope this will help if not then please give exact details of of your problem.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, December 19, 2014 7:58 AM
  • User1711366110 posted

Hi ,
      As per your case, the following things have to check :

1. Make sure that the parameter in the subreport is set to allow multiple values.
    2. Make sure you are passing the parameter from the main report to the subreport as
      [@paramName] and not "=Parameters!ParamName.Value(0)" as this indicates to retrieve only the first value.
    3. Set the subreport parameter to visible and ensure manually selecting/inputting multiple values returns appropriate results.
    4. If all else fails, try using a formula like this
      =Split(join(Parameters!ParamName.Value,","),",")
      which creates a comma separated list of the parameter values and then splits it out into an array.

For your reference, this link which describes that how to add a sub report & parameters (Report Builder & SSRS )

Hopefully this will be helpful for you.
    --
    with regards,
    Edwin

Monday, December 22, 2014 1:14 AM