Application not launching for some time if the same application is sending SMS in background RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have created one application to send SMS. While SMS sending is in progress I display one SMS sending pop up to user.
    When this SMS sending pop up is getting displayed if I press start button on the top left and again try to open the application, the application hangs till the SMS has been send from the application in success as well as failure of SMS sending.

I am not able to figure out that while sending the SMS from the application if I try to open the application why it is not launching the application screen.

Kindly help if any one face the similar problem or has some idea how to over comw with this problem.

Thanks in advance.
    Best regards,
    Priya
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 12:18 PM

Answers

• >>While SMS sending is in progress I display one SMS sending pop up to user. 

The problem heavily depends on how you display the "popup" window. If you display it as a model dialog, it will block the UI thread from responding. I guess that's the why you saw the application hanged. You can overcome this by showing a modeless dialog, or by asynchronous programming. For example, you can use a separate thread to update a progress bar.

If that's not the case, please show me the code you display the popup window, as well as the dev environment (version of WM, version of .NET CF if you use it, etc.).

Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Wednesday, December 16, 2009 2:52 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by priya.srivastava Wednesday, January 13, 2010 4:31 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Mohsin S Wednesday, January 13, 2010 4:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by priya.srivastava Tuesday, February 2, 2010 1:40 PM
    Monday, December 14, 2009 7:26 AM

All replies

• >>While SMS sending is in progress I display one SMS sending pop up to user. 

The problem heavily depends on how you display the "popup" window. If you display it as a model dialog, it will block the UI thread from responding. I guess that's the why you saw the application hanged. You can overcome this by showing a modeless dialog, or by asynchronous programming. For example, you can use a separate thread to update a progress bar.

If that's not the case, please show me the code you display the popup window, as well as the dev environment (version of WM, version of .NET CF if you use it, etc.).

Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Wednesday, December 16, 2009 2:52 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by priya.srivastava Wednesday, January 13, 2010 4:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by priya.srivastava Tuesday, February 2, 2010 1:40 PM
    Monday, December 14, 2009 7:26 AM
  • thank you for the valuable help. I have now impelemented a the request sending pop-up in a new thread to resolve the issue as suggested by you. It seems working.
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 4:33 AM