none
Visual Studio Community 2015

Question

• I have vs 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2015 installed on my machine.  I have several vs 2010 and vs 2008 installer projects that creates an .msi file and whenever I build it, does not matter in release or debug, I get the following window that pops up.  Not sure why and cannot find out why.

Any help figuring this out would be great.

The one log I looked at said everything was successful yet, next time I do the build I get the same window.

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 8:30 PM

All replies

• Hello Paul,

Based on my research it seems this issue is related to your office component. Could you please repair your Office and see if the problem can be fixed?

Or you can also check my another solution from here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8caf115a-3243-4f85-b564-678406c2af55/please-wait-while-windows-configures-microsoft-visual-studio-professional-2013?forum=vssetup

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, December 17, 2015 9:42 AM
  • "Repairing" Office did nothing.  I am still getting the window.

I looked for the folder C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\URTInstallPath_GAC\ that is mentioned in the other post and I have it. 

When I get a chance, I will look into this some more.  I guess I can always uninstall and reinstall VS 2015.  That should waste away a day.

Friday, January 1, 2016 8:09 PM
  • Hi Paul,

Thanks for your friendly response.

>>When I get a chance, I will look into this some more.  I guess I can always uninstall and reinstall VS 2015.  That should waste away a day.

What about this issue now? If you uninstall and re-install it, how about the result? Some members got this issue before, but resolved this issue after they uninstall and reinstall it, so if possible, you could test it in your side.

Please also install the VS2015 update 1, check the result again.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, January 4, 2016 5:28 AM