locked
err_connection_refused RRS feed

  • Question

  • User1057802005 posted
    •  I don't know why I am getting sometimes err_connection_refused
    •  There is my website hosted in IIS on my Windows 10 desktop and it is working fine as long as I access to the web from a desktop (my desktop or any other).
    •  When accessing the site from an Android phone, if it is in desktop mode, the ASP.NET application responds normally without any problem.
    •  Now, when the Android is in mobile mode, the Site's Master Page redirects (and ends the response) to the mobile/mobile.aspx and for some time (say two or three minutes) the mobile.ASPX responds well as expected.
    •  Once past this interval accessing mobile.ASPX is no longer possible: the phone browser throws err_connection_refused.
    •  Also, since then, access is not possible from any desktop. It's necessary to go to IIS control panel and examine any application's page from there or, sometimes, reinitiate the application or IIS. Then the hole situation repeats the same: ok with a pc browser, failing past some time requesting from a phone browser in phone mode.
    •  I have tried from different Android phones (Firefox and Chrome).
    •  Thanks in advance for any clue or right indication.

    At present the problem seems solved although I'm not very sure of the solution. When overwriting the DLL in the IIS's bin folder with the original one at once the error message disappeared and the pages worked well for a while. So, suspecting the DLL could be in some moment been corrupted I binary compared the two DLL, the original and the one in the bin folder but they seemed identical at least in my comparing process. Now, denying permissions to the TrustedInstaller in the bin folder and, then, copying again the original DLL to the applications IIS bin folder and restarting IIS all seems to work properly as it should.

    Saturday, November 30, 2019 3:35 PM

Answers

  • User1057802005 posted

    Well, my solution was not a good solution. Searching I found a better solution: delete the applicationhost.config from the .vs folder (found in the folder of your project/solution) and create a new virtual directory (Project Properties > Web > Create Virtual Directory). In my case I didn't even need to create a new virtual directory in my Web Application Project, just re-compile and copy the only DLL to IIS. Hope this helps somebody else.

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, December 3, 2019 11:51 AM