could not publish to the remote database - Entity Framework complications RRS feed

• Question

• User379720387 posted

A while back I renamed the db for my site from StarterSite.sdf to ThisREV5.sdf, at the same time I implemented Entity Framework (thanks RRR). Never published the site until today.

Wihe I attempt to publish to Azure (this has worked flawlessly for a long time, I get a warning about "only absolute paths being supported"

I did a blanket replace of StarterSite.sdf to ThisREV5.sdf in Visual Studio for the entire project. No references were therefore modified.

The link contained in the log file is of no help.

I am publishing to Azure.

EDIT:

I have since reverted back to StarterSite as the name of my db. 

Then I had to create a new site on Azure, and copy my local site to a new folder and got rid of EF.

Was able to publish my site.

So, I added EF back in and now I can no longer publish updates to my site.

Copied my site to a new folder, created a new site on Azure, and I cannot publish. Same error message as below.

Is Entity Frame mucking things up?

5/12/2013 2:19 PM
    2:19:49 PM: Unable to automatically publish framework files. Your remote site may not work correctly.
    ERROR: Could not publish to the remote database. Please ensure the publish profile contains a database and verify that the remote database is accessible.
    2:19:49 PM: Could not publish to the remote database. Please ensure the publish profile contains a database and verify that the remote database is accessible.
    2:19:49 PM: Could not publish the site. Could not publish to the remote database. Please ensure the publish profile contains a database and verify that the remote database is accessible.
    2:19:49 PM: Error detail:
    2:19:49 PM: File system path 'testthisREV/App_Data\ThisREV5.sdf' is not valid. Only absolute paths are supported.  Learn more at: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=221672#ERROR_CANNOT_CONNECT_TO_DATABASE.
    2:19:49 PM:    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.SqlServerCeDatabaseProvider.GetAttributes(DeploymentAddAttributeContext addContext)
    2:19:49 PM:    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.EnsureValidAttributes()
    2:19:49 PM:    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.ManifestProvider.GetAttributes(DeploymentAddAttributeContext addContext)
    2:19:49 PM:    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.EnsureValidAttributes()
    2:19:49 PM:    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.get_IsValid()
    2:19:49 PM:    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentManager.CreateObjectPrivate(DeploymentProviderContext providerContext, DeploymentBaseOptions baseOptions, DeploymentObject sourceObject, String serverVersion)
    2:19:49 PM:    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentManager.CreateObject(DeploymentProviderOptions providerOptions, DeploymentBaseOptions baseOptions)
    2:19:49 PM:    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.Store.ApplicationDefinitionManager.CreateObject(String path, DeploymentBaseOptions baseOptions, String remoteComputername)
    2:19:49 PM:    at Microsoft.WebMatrix.Deployment.WebDeployWorker.Execute(CommandManager commandManager, CertificateValidationService certificateValidationService, Boolean skipHiddenFiles)

Sunday, May 12, 2013 2:28 PM

Answers

• User-821857111 posted

There's nothing in the error message that suggests Entity Framework is the problem. Are you even using it?

In any event, questions about publishing with WebMatrix should be posted here: http://forums.iis.net/1166.aspx

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, May 13, 2013 12:43 AM

All replies

• User-821857111 posted

There's nothing in the error message that suggests Entity Framework is the problem. Are you even using it?

In any event, questions about publishing with WebMatrix should be posted here: http://forums.iis.net/1166.aspx

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, May 13, 2013 12:43 AM
  • User379720387 posted

Yes, in a very limited way.

I have amended my OP.

Monday, May 13, 2013 8:21 AM