none
InfoBox no longer working in Bing 7............................. RRS feed

• Question

• InfoBoxes have stopped working in Bing 7.   something must have changed because they were working just a few days ago.

In IE7 I get a totally blank InfoBox and in FF4 and IE9 I get a jumbled up InfoBox with just one line of text that is overwritten many times with other text.

What happenned ?

Steve Kahler
    • Moved by Ricky_Brundritt Friday, March 9, 2012 5:35 PM (From:Bing Maps: Map Control and Web services Development)
    Friday, May 6, 2011 4:16 PM

Answers

• What happened was a behind-the-scenes update to the v7 API library, which unfortunately broke many things. See http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vemapcontroldev/thread/b4d7629b-4071-4eaf-8cbe-f041ee2b156e for more information.

To help diagnose and resolve the issue, please paste a link to the URL of the map that demonstrates your particular problem.

twitter: @alastaira blog: http://alastaira.wordpress.com/
    Friday, May 6, 2011 4:22 PM

All replies

• What happened was a behind-the-scenes update to the v7 API library, which unfortunately broke many things. See http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vemapcontroldev/thread/b4d7629b-4071-4eaf-8cbe-f041ee2b156e for more information.

To help diagnose and resolve the issue, please paste a link to the URL of the map that demonstrates your particular problem.

twitter: @alastaira blog: http://alastaira.wordpress.com/
    Friday, May 6, 2011 4:22 PM
  • Go to test.proptools.net using the FireFox 4.01 browser.   Unfortunately this works in IE7.   It may not work in IE9 as well.
    Steve Kahler
    Friday, May 6, 2011 4:46 PM
  • were you using custom Infobox or one provided in the libraby?

Friday, May 6, 2011 4:53 PM
  • You can look at the code at test.proptools.net.

I'm using the InfoBox class that is ioncluded with Bing 7.  Nothing special.   This worked before the recent update to Bing  7.

Steve Kahler
    Friday, May 6, 2011 4:56 PM
  • were you using custom Infobox or one provided in the library?

Friday, May 6, 2011 5:02 PM
  • I added the line-height style property of 100% to the div for the htmlContent for the InfoBox and now it works.

This should serve as a warning to users that you must specify the line-height css property or else all of your text will not display in Bing 7 Info Boxes.

Steve Kahler
    Friday, May 6, 2011 5:06 PM
  • I added the line-height style property of 100% to the div for the htmlContent for the InfoBox and now it works.

This should serve as a warning to users that you must specify the line-height css property or else all of your text will not display in Bing 7 Info Boxes.

Steve Kahler

Thanks for reporting & sharing URL. We could repro the issue. This should be fixed in api next update.

Meanwhile could you try setHTMLContent method of Infobox.  myInfobox.setHtmlContent("<div style='width: 200px;height: 100px;background-color: white;border: solid 1px gray;'><b>" + "Title" + "</b><br><br>" + "description" + "</div>"); It seems it is working without workaround.

Saturday, May 7, 2011 1:49 AM

Steve Kahler

Thanks for reporting & sharing URL. We could repro the issue. This should be fixed in api next update.

Meanwhile could you try setHTMLContent method of Infobox.  myInfobox.setHtmlContent("<div style='width: 200px;height: 100px;background-color: white;border: solid 1px gray;'><b>" + "Title" + "</b><br><br>" + "description" + "</div>"); It seems it is working without workaround.

@ Steve -  Thanks, That worked!

@HemantGoyal- That code didn't work. It did the same thing. I'm using IE7.

I wasted half a day thinking it was my code!

Monday, May 16, 2011 10:11 PM
  • @dtduran - OK. I did not tried on IE7. It worked for me on IE8/FF Was your issue specific to IE7?
    HemantGoyal
    Monday, May 16, 2011 10:49 PM