How to notify PBI work item change events (from Development project )to the web service? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Currently i'm getting a notification when there is a new SBI (support backlog item) created in my

Support Project,

here is the Tfs Event filter for this:

"PortfolioProject"='ParatureTest.Support' AND "CoreFields/StringFields/Field[ReferenceName='System.WorkItemType']/NewValue"='Support'

but i want to receive notifications when there is a work Item status change in the PBI (product backlog Item from development project) i mean from a Development project ..say'Parature.Development'

so i have modified my event filter as given below:

("PortfolioProject"='ParatureTest.Support' AND "CoreFields/StringFields/Field[ReferenceName='System.WorkItemType']/NewValue"='Support') OR ("PortfolioProject"='ParatureTest.Development' AND ("CoreFields/StringFields/Field[ReferenceName='System.State']/NewValue"='Committed' OR "CoreFields/StringFields/Field[ReferenceName='System.State']/NewValue"='Approved' OR "CoreFields/StringFields/Field[ReferenceName='System.State']/NewValue"='Removed'))

but it's not working ..please suggest how to write the VSEFL for my requirement

and do i need to configure for any other event at TFS side to be notified ? If so how can i configure for "WorkItemChangeEvent" at TFS server

Regards

• Moved by John QiaoModerator Friday, September 7, 2012 6:58 AM (From:Team Foundation Server - Version Control)
    Thursday, September 6, 2012 5:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Mougeelita, 

Thanks for your post.

According your description, you should create two alerts.  

One for ‘Support’ work item be created:

"PortfolioProject"='ParatureTest.Support'

AND "CoreFields/StringFields/Field[ReferenceName='System.WorkItemType']/NewValue"='Support'

Another for PBI work item’s state’s be changed:

"PortfolioProject"='ParatureTest.Development'

AND "CoreFields/StringFields/Field[ReferenceName='System.WorkItemType']/NewValue"='PBI'

OR   "CoreFields/StringFields/Field[ReferenceName='System.State']/NewValue"='Committed'

OR   "CoreFields/StringFields/Field[ReferenceName='System.State']/NewValue"='Approved'

OR   "CoreFields/StringFields/Field[ReferenceName='System.State']/NewValue"='Removed'

To create TFS alerts, we use the TFS Power Tools Alerts Explorer, please refer to this article: http://intellitect.com/subscribing-to-tfs-alerts-with-tfs-power-tools-alerts-explorer/.    

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, September 7, 2012 7:08 AM

All replies

• This thread may be more appropriate for the Work Item Tracking forum. This forum is designated for questions for Version Control only. A moderator will move your post, probably.

Thanks,
    P. Kelley

Thursday, September 6, 2012 11:10 AM
  • Hi Mougeelita, 

Thanks for your post.

According your description, you should create two alerts.  

One for ‘Support’ work item be created:

"PortfolioProject"='ParatureTest.Support'

AND "CoreFields/StringFields/Field[ReferenceName='System.WorkItemType']/NewValue"='Support'

Another for PBI work item’s state’s be changed:

"PortfolioProject"='ParatureTest.Development'

AND "CoreFields/StringFields/Field[ReferenceName='System.WorkItemType']/NewValue"='PBI'

OR   "CoreFields/StringFields/Field[ReferenceName='System.State']/NewValue"='Committed'

OR   "CoreFields/StringFields/Field[ReferenceName='System.State']/NewValue"='Approved'

OR   "CoreFields/StringFields/Field[ReferenceName='System.State']/NewValue"='Removed'

To create TFS alerts, we use the TFS Power Tools Alerts Explorer, please refer to this article: http://intellitect.com/subscribing-to-tfs-alerts-with-tfs-power-tools-alerts-explorer/.    

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, September 7, 2012 7:08 AM