none
How to pass param from my website -> file excel online -> add in RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I'm building an office add-in that helps people learn excel by interacting directly with excel files online. User will access the courses on my website, each course has about 20 - 50 lectures in it.

When a user clicks on a lecture, an excel file is created and a pre-installed add-in is created, in which anyone can edit it without signing in. Lecture will open that excel file, addin will then connect to the website to get information about the lecture.

The problem is, I do not know how to pass id lecture from my website -> excel file -> add in

I have reference through some functions like "Office.context.document.url", but still have not found the answer. May everyone help, solve this problem.
    Wednesday, April 5, 2017 3:55 AM

All replies

• Hello,

How do you create the excel file after user clicks on a lecture? Where do you get the id from your website?

Do you embed an Excel file on your website?

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 6, 2017 5:17 AM
  • I get id from my website from my database. I will redirect user to excel online file which installed my add-in
    Thursday, April 6, 2017 4:29 PM
  • >> I do not know how to pass id lecture from my website -> excel file -> add in

No, it is impossible. You could not pass information by following this process. Document.url will only return the URL of the document.

For a workaround, I suggest you try to save the information in a public place, and then in Office AddIn to retrieve it while loading.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 10, 2017 6:37 AM