none
DrawingTools - DrawingBar localization & customization possible? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I am exploring the Bing Maps V8 Web Control and have several questions. I am very new to this and excuse my maybe dumb questions:

1. Is it possible to localize the Actions in the drawingBar? f. ex. the title for the pushpin is "Add a pushpin". Would it be possible to override this in localized values, like de-DE?

2. Is it possible to customize the drawingBar with f. ex. only draw a polygon, edit & erase, if the other Options are not needed?

3. Is it possible to set a Default style for shapes that will be drawn?

I tried to get these things at the MSDN documentation, but I could not figure it out.

Maybe, for the first and the second Point, it has to be done via css?

Thanks for your help.

Monday, September 19, 2016 12:48 PM

Answers

• 1) Localization of the drawing tools is a known issue and is something that will be addressed in a future update. There is no supported way to override this. You can however use the Drawing Tools class without the drawing manager and create your own tool bar.

2) There is no option at this time to customize the built in toolbar, although there are plans for this. You can use the Drawing tools class without the drawing manager and create your own toolbar.

3) There is no options for this and no plans either. This can however be achieved by using the Drawing Tools class without the drawing manager.

The drawing manager is meant to be a simple end to end drawing solution that is easy to implement, but has limited customizations. Using the DrawingTools class you can create a completely custom drawing experience.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

• Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Tuesday, September 20, 2016 12:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by Gedl77 Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:50 AM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 12:01 AM

All replies

• 1) Localization of the drawing tools is a known issue and is something that will be addressed in a future update. There is no supported way to override this. You can however use the Drawing Tools class without the drawing manager and create your own tool bar.

2) There is no option at this time to customize the built in toolbar, although there are plans for this. You can use the Drawing tools class without the drawing manager and create your own toolbar.

3) There is no options for this and no plans either. This can however be achieved by using the Drawing Tools class without the drawing manager.

The drawing manager is meant to be a simple end to end drawing solution that is easy to implement, but has limited customizations. Using the DrawingTools class you can create a completely custom drawing experience.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

• Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Tuesday, September 20, 2016 12:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by Gedl77 Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:50 AM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 12:01 AM
  • Hi Ricky,

thanks for your answer.

I will try to built my own DrawingBar via the Drawing Tools.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:51 AM