none
Use the same ASR server image after SCVMM upgarde with ASR provider RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to upgrade my scvmm 2012r2 with asr provider to scvmm 2016.

I'm also migrating my protected vms (with asr) from hyper-v 2012r2 to 2016.

when i configure the replication do i need to start over or can i use the image already exist in azure?

Thanks in advance

Moshe

Thursday, June 13, 2019 12:24 PM

All replies

• @Moshiko Mazor Apologies for the delay!
     The below mentioned link will help in this scenario: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/site-recovery/upgrade-2012r2-to-2016

When you upgrade Windows Server 2012 R2 hosts that are already configured for replication with Azure Site Recovery, you must follow the steps mentioned in this document. Any alternate path chosen for upgrade can result in unsupported states and can result in a break in replication or ability to perform failover.

Hope this helps!

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Up-vote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members

Monday, June 17, 2019 7:37 AM
  • Hi, thanks for the replay, but i want to know if i break the replication, can i build the replication again from the copy on the cloud, or should i replicate from scratch?

Thanks,

Moshiko

Sunday, June 23, 2019 9:06 PM
  • @Moshiko Mazor Sorry for the delay response! when you say break replication, do you mean disable replication?

You need to re-enable and it will start from scratch.

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Up-vote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members

Wednesday, July 3, 2019 11:36 AM
  •  Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Monday, July 15, 2019 9:21 AM