Handle Confirm Box in Web Test? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I am using VSTS 2008 and need to handle pop ups in my Webtest. I found a tool called Fiddler 2 for the same, but my application has 2 types of pop ups:
    a. Alert
    b. Confirm Box

While recording with Fiddler 2, I am able to handle "Alert" but "Confirm Box" doesnot gets recorded into the scripts.

Any other way to handle the same.

Thanks in Advance....
    Prab
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:51 PM

Answers

• Hello Prab,

One thing to be aware of is that Fiddler2 just captures requests, responses, and headers during recording which does not records javascript execution.  I believe the reason why ‘Alert’ could be recorded is that after ‘Alert’ there exists some http communication.

In vs2008, if web applications depend on JavaScript in ways that affect the HTTP requests. You can use coded a Web test to simulate the logic typically performed by JavaScript.

For more information about javascript in web test and coded web test, you may refer to the following articles.

·          About JavaScript and ActiveX Controls in Web Tests

·          How to: Create a Coded Web Test

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 2:28 AM