TFS Excel Add In not working when Trust setting set to "Require Application Add-ins to be signed by Trusted Publisher" RRS feed

• Question

• I posted this question on the VSTO forum, however I was advised to additionally post the question in this forum to see if anyone might be able to provide some insight.

Original post can be found here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsto/thread/225ca314-dfc4-48a1-b271-545a53f9265e?prof=required

For development/testing purposes part of my team requires that the Trust setting in Excel be set to "Require Application Add-ins to be signed by Trusted Publisher".  However, when this trust setting is set the TFS Add in does NOT function properly.  I cannot get the dialogs to display when creating a Team System Work Item List, etc.

Is there a way to make the TFS addin work with this trust setting because it is a real hassle for users to have to turn it on for their daily work routines, and then turn it off to work with TFS through Excel.

thanks

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 12:51 PM

All replies

• I saw the response on the other thread that this was "added to the backlog".  Any chance of this getting fixed?
    -Doug
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 8:25 PM